Thursday, January 14, 2016

Look How Far We've Come


bittersweet memories touch on your heart
sending palpitations of joy surging up and down your whole body
scolding yourself for all the stupid mistakes you've made
can't believe i did that
delete delete delete
but i don't want to delete
i want to hang on to every last drop of adrenaline that might escape from my heart
before sinking into deep sleep
look how far we've come
look how far we have to go
i want to keep my stupid mistakes locked up inside me shut
i want to hold every single miniscule bit of happiness
close to me
swallow the key
so that it stays with me



~

I apologize if you already saw this poem on my personal blog, but I thought it fit this photo well. :)






4 comments:

  1. AHHH I LOVE THIS!! It goes absolutely PERFECTLY with the poem, as you said.

    - Ellie
    ontheothersideofrealitynew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a time to leave a comment. : )
~Kathryn