Thursday, October 22, 2015

When all the Leaves are Gold








Lo! I am come to autumn, 
When all the leaves are gold; 
Grey hairs and golden leaves cry out 
The year and I are old. 


In youth I sought the prince of men, 
Captain in cosmic wars, 
Our Titan, even the weeds would show 
Defiant, to the stars. 



But now a great thing in the street 
Seems any human nod, 
Where shift in strange democracy 
The million masks of God. 



In youth I sought the golden flower 
Hidden in wood or wold, 
But I am come to autumn, 
When all the leaves are gold.

-G.K. Chesterton





P.S. Notice a theme in these fall photoshoots? Lotsa gold, peeps. 
I think I will continue this poem photoshoot thing-I really like it. 


9 comments:

  1. Amazing pictures. Love the poem photoshoot thing as well! Hope you do more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clara! I can't wait to do some for Winter.
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
    2. You're welcome. :) I was wondering if you had a button? If you do, I would love to put it on my blog!

      Delete
    3. I have to make one to match the new design. I'll do that soon!
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  2. I love these pictures! The poem-photoshoot idea is brilliant! I love it!:D
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the lighting and her curls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca is such a cutie. <3
    Love the color scheme, and that's a great poem!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a time to leave a comment. : )
~Kathryn